Sunday 1 May 2011

Team Fortress? Team Fortress.

I'm sure a lot of you were playing the other week when the loadouts went offline; pretty much making the entire game vanilla again. Now I'm not sure if everyone liked that (seemed alright to me; did miss a few things though), and it was strange not seeing any hats... but one thing definitely saw an improvement.

Medieval Mode was, atleast for a day, melee mode. No Huntsman Snipers, no crossbow medics... in fact the only thing killing you from out of arms reach was lag compensation and taunting heavies, the latter of which was how I spent the majority of my day.
 "Pow, Haha!"

Nobody expects to get POW'd, nevermind from above, when there's seemingly noone about. From my little vantage point on top of the sign near A, I could just sit there and shoot down people as they capped, even nailing the odd few as the ran around fighting teammates (who were probably equally as confused, especially when steaks began to rain down on them). For good measure, apply x+5 liberally.

6 comments:

  1. I think that vanilla TF2 is great fun to play, but the medic really needs his upgrades, everyone else just has upgrades that dont really add to the fun i thimnk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think a lot of the items are just cluttering it up tbh. The weapons from the class updates were much better than the later stuff, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was bad at TF2 even if I was good at CSS, was a competely different game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever played CSS on the xbox, but at that point I didn't have online... playing against bots is probably a whole different experience to actual people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I play spy and losing the load out means I have to switch class. Life without the ambassador and the cloak and dagger is no life worth living!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if tf2 ran faster on my computer, I can guarantee you I would probably be the guy getting killed in the picture :D

    ReplyDelete